Thread: Cleaning Frenzy
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 09:54 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

Congrats on your reorganizing effort. It's something I need to do, but when we moved I tried to be organized, gave away nearly half my fabric stash, my husband wanted me to get rid of more, but I refused. So, I have lots of plastic totes with fabrics, fleece, batting, etc., but I'm slowly getting it organized. We moved from a 3-bedroom house to a 2-bedroom apt. 2 1/2 years ago, but I'm behind on organizing. Last year at this time I fell, ruptured the C-4-5 disks in my neck, could not use my arms or legs, had spinal surgery, then spent over 4 months in therapy before I could come home - using a walker. I'm proud to say that now I just use a cane for walking and late last summer I decided that I could try driving again, took a couple turns around the parking lot and have been driving ever since. My husband is disabled and can't drive, so to say I got a severe case of cabin fever is an understatement. However, I have slowly been using up my stash, even though a therapist at the nursing home gave me 40 yards of fabric that had been given to her and hadn't used. So I added 40 yards of fabric to my stash, but I only buy fabric now when I need it to finish up a project or when making something special for my DGD. Thank God for quilting - it saved my sanity when I could finally start quilting again, then I did a craft fair and got more $ for fabric. Now I have to get ready for a fair in June, so more of my stash will disappear. It's nice to condense the totes and free up more totes, plus the best part is the quilting. I'm so much happier now and not the grouch I was for so long last year. Sewing has been my therapy and it's gotten me through some tough times.