Thread: arthritis pain
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Wintersewer

If ice works for I would sure us it. I'm not sure if it was the Tramadol, or a different drug, but one time I took a new prescription and woke up vomiting. I called my dr and he advised to wait a couple of hours then take a half a pill, and to do that for several more doses, before going to the full dose. I did that and never had any problem after that. I used to take mt mother to a doctor who always started people on new drugs this way...slowly. I also never take pills on an empty stomach. (Yes, I know some have to be taken that way, but I have never been prescribed one of those.)

Personally, Tramadol has been a Godsend for me. It has just been re-classified a "Restricted" drug in NYS, so I will have to jump through more hoops to get it. I suppose someone snorted it once....... It is an artificial narcotic...whatever that is.

Originally Posted by Jo Anne B. View Post
I was Rx'd Tramadol when I injured my knee(I banged it getting down on the floor to iron some blocks) took one, no problem, woke up 5 am in pain, took another pill, finally fell back to sleep to be awoken with nausea and subesquent vomiting, never took another Tramadol, couldn't tell if it was from the headache/dizziness or from the stomach upset.
Relied on ice from that point on.
I have found water exercise helps me feel better all the way around, so easy on the joints!