View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 10:56 AM
squires1042

Thank you I could not remember if it was Bethel or Nome that she went to. We all have different things that we like in our life take this move for what it is a great experience. You have lots of quilters who are willing to help if you just ask. If it were not for people like you who are willing to take that chance some of the services that these remote areas need would not happen. Many people come here like you and end up staying because they end up liking it. Those who are on the fence or don't like it usually leave. Its not for everyone but give it a fair chance.

Originally Posted by MarleneC View Post
I live in Kenai, AK--3 hours south of Anchorage. My son lives in Bethel. My Viking dealer visits Bethel for classes. I don't know if they have a fabric shop but she says there are a lot of quilters out there. I do not know where they buy their fabrics. I do know that a lady who lived about an hour drive from me used to own a fabric store and she lives in Bethel now. Hope you can meet up with some of these folks. Good luck with your move.