Old 02-13-2013, 04:26 PM
CarolynMT

Default Question about EQ7 and/or other Quilting Software

Hello all, I have a couple questions and am hoping someone here can help me.

First off, I want to say that my quilting goal is to become a Master Quilter. Call it "oldest child syndrome" or "perfectionist" but I want to be one of the best. So I have been tinkering with design, changing up color schemes and blocks etc. I am going to be purchasing a Long Arm soon (hopefully within the next week or two I have finally saved enough) and have taught several classes at a local sewing store before on my work, specifically that french braid one....we did a table runner rather than the whole quilt.

Anyhow, up to now I have been tweaking designs on my own, paper/pencil and calculator. Happened across the EQ7 on amazon. Got me thinking that this might be something I could benefit from using.

so here are my questions:
1. Am I restricted to just building blocks? or can I design a french braid or crazy patch type quilt?
2. Are the sizes for the finished quilts set? like "queen/king/throw etc" or can you put in any size you want?
3. Does it allow for quilting designs, the stuff on top not the blocks/piecing, so I can try out different pantographs or FMQ styles on the quilt top virtually?

Think that is all I can remember, sigh, swear I had a list a mile long on my drive home tonight but feeding monsters and doing laundry has chased most out of my head.

Also, is there another program that is better or same than EQ7?

Thanks for your help