Old 02-13-2013, 06:26 PM
dray965

I love EQ7. You are not limited to the sizes that come installed. You can customize your quilts in any way you want.

As for blocks you can use theirs (about 5000 in there, I think) as is, or modify them in any way you want. OR you can create your own.

To create your blocks you can either do geometric blocks, or patchwork ones, or applique ones..or create one using your own photos...as a fabric photo, or an applique made from your photo or a patchwork one from your photos.

You can preview fabric in your designed quilt by either using the ones coming with the program, downloading fabric squares from your favorite online store to see if it would work in your quilt, or scan in fabric that you already own.

As for motifs and stencils, this is what I like best about it. I do my own quilting on a domestic machine. I can use theirs or draw my own. I can even create a stencil from a block design, or I can upload a photo of one and draw it into the program. After that I can print it out to any size I want.

I have recently learned how to draw pantographs with it and am working on learning how to create edge-to-edge.

I haven't found anything yet, that I can't do. That doesn't mean it will do everything...just that I haven't discovered it yet.

However, there is a learning curve...if you don't like to learn computer software, or don't like to read manuels, or take time to learn a complex program like EQ7, then you won't like this program. However, If you will give it a chance and take the time to spend time to learn the program, I think you'll find that it will be everything you hoped it would be.

No...I don't work for them. LOL