Thread: Am I a meanie?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 04:10 AM
JustAbitCrazy

Originally Posted by quiltin-nannie View Post
Thanks everyone, for making me feel better about this! The funny thing is, this lady bakes pies for people and charges $14 a pie. Maybe we could trade; I could get pies for quilts! LOL! I don't know how she knew how much my machine was; when she asked about what kind of machine, I just told her an embroidery/sewing machine. I love making quilts, but don't want pressure. I do make them for family members, free of charge, filled with love! And I have given quilts to be auctioned for a scholarship fund. So I don't think I'm "too" stingy!
No, You're not "stingy", and this person (not a "lady") knows it, which is why she thinks she can bully you. Don't let her, and don't feel guilty at all. She's the one who should feel guilty, because she's the rude bully who behaved badly. But of course, she doesn't feel bad at all---she feels entitled! And while I think the suggestion from others to offer to teach someone (who wants a quilt made for them) how to quilt themselves is a great idea, I don't think it applies here. I would never offer to spend any time with this woman, because she will use every opportunity to bully you further and make your life miserable. Run, don't walk from this woman. Choose your friends and who you spend time with, and don't choose rude bullies. Good luck to you, and congratulations on having "a machine which cost thousands of dollars", lol! (Do you realize she also has a very wide jealous streak? Which probably fuels her rudeness....)