Old 02-14-2013, 10:35 AM
eparys

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
You all have been so precious to help with suggestions and give your compliments for my ability to figure this out (that's a pretty high pedestal, guys, and I'm not the fond of heights with edges!!). I DID email the quilt owner with the picture of what I have to work on, and the 3 graphics sent to the thread, and asked him what he wanted me to do. It was a lengthy email, whining about how much I disliked what I'd been left with and how worried I was about his happiness with the finished quilt.

Being a guy, he sent back a terse one liner saying he liked the one with red that appears to wrap around itself....the graphic eparys first sent back on page 1. That, of course, didn't really tell me a dang thing!! Do I leave hers? Do I make the 'wrap' border but leave it unattached so he can do it later? Does he want it in only red, then? MEN!

And I still don't have the quilt to begin work on it; got to call and push the round 4 gal tomorrow; enough delay is enough already.

I will try to get a photo before I take it to guild meeting on March 1 so you can see how I finally rid myself of this albatross.

Jan in VA
I am going to weigh back in here - I have been watching from afar (lol) just dying to know what you decided. There have been some great responses and lots of choice. If you go with the twisted border that I found, I would be tempted to use either two different reds (it looks like the geese are not all the same fabric) or use a red and the grey blue batik. Here is what is might look like with two dif colors (I threw it into EQ and played with the sizing a little).
Attached Thumbnails snap.jpg