View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 10:47 AM
quiltgal

Originally Posted by mythreesuns View Post
I bought it thinking I could make my own designs/patterns etc... so now I have this program and have NEVER ever made my own pattern yet. It is to confusing I guess...so I just buy patterns and etc.. what a waste.. Have you bought things that turned out to be a waste of money?
I bought QuiltPro several years ago an used it a lot, but did not like it as it was limited if you did not start with a quilt of quilt block already in the program. Saw EQ6 demo at Houston a few years ago and was sold that it could do the things I wanted to design my own blocks and unique arrangements etc. The few short comings I found in EQ6 were fixed in EQ7 and I used it all the time! Have so many designs and color arrangements will not be able to actually do them all, but had a great time experimenting! So, yes glad that I bought it! It is a great tool.
And, yes, there are tools that I buy that looked great, but did not seem so great when I tried to used them. I can recall only a very few. Mostly, very useful tools!