Thread: Quilt for Emily
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Tweety2911
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gingerd View Post
Neat! What is the name of the pattern? I did a wonky cut one and now I'm hooked!!
thank you so much for your kind words.

If a name was given to the pattern I don't have it since it was from last year. It is really simple. Black/White charm packs and 2 1/2" strips of assorted colors (this was the challenge in finding all the different colors that worked well with each other). Take four 5" squares and sew into a 4 patch. Slash and add a 2 1/2" strips of color in two spaces after sewing in place turn it sideways and add two more slashes and add two strips of color. Sew the strips at an angle to create a tapered end. Trim square to the size block that works well with all your slash and sew blocks. I trimmed mine to 10 1/2". I remembered seeing a quilt with the appliqued tips on some of the strips and added them sporatically. A very easy pattern to do. I hope I didn't muddle up the directions too much

I made extra blocks and made a wheel chair donation quilt and looks like I have enough blocks to make another donation wheel chair quilt. Of course I made them a little different than the one for my niece