View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 04:36 PM
Skyangel

Originally Posted by laurafet View Post
I wanted EQ7 in the worst way, but could not justify the price. I watch Craigs List for people cleaning out their stash, and about a year ago I hit on a lady around the corner from me that had her entire room over her garage she was getting rid of- fabric, templates, books, magazines, etc. Looking through all the books in one cabinet, there was the EQ5 UNOPENED! I asked her how much and she said $2.00. I gave her the opportunity to change her mind knowing what she had paid for it. Nope, I could have it. One of the many bargains I walked out with that day! I love it for playing around, but have not actually printed anything out yet. Good for the creative juices though!
Lucky find! I also have an old copy of EQ5 - wish I could afford to update it to 7 (found EQ5 and Sew Precise at a thrift store for $30). I really like designing my quilts and seeing what the fabric combinations will look like together. (I photograph my own fabrics and import them to use in my EQ projects) I've changed my mind a few time after I saw what it looked like. Anyone who wants to sell their copy of EQ7 - let me know!