View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 05:05 PM
Quilter 65

Spent Tuesday morning ripping out nearly all I had sewed together on Monday afternoon. Discovered that the diagnonal rows with directional blocks were flipped backwards and didn't even notice when I put it on the design board. While ironing another block for an experiment, because I had a little time before leaving, I glanced out of the corner of my eye over my shoulder and thought "something doesn't look right". Took me a minute to realize what I had done wrong, Turned off the lights, unplugged the iron and left for the night. That was enough for one day. That's what happens when I had laid a the quilt out in three strips and didn't DOUBLE check to be sure that I had them in the right order. Now fixed and on to the next. Very obvious when I thought about it. At least it didn't involve life and death. A seam ripper and little time fixed the problem. While putting the rows together with many points to match, I finished sewing and discovered that I had run out of bobbin!!!!! Just not my day to accomplish much. Thanks for letting us know that we all have our little moments! Enjoyed all the anecdotes.