Old 02-14-2013, 05:48 PM
terri bb

oh wow thank you! i wish i could tell you who made the design; its easy as pie. there are 3 templates that you use. it just takes a wad of time to do it. first, you make the arcs using one of the templates. then you cut freezer paper using the other template. iron that to the back of the arc. use a q tip and use liquid starch and wet the fabric on either side of the freezer paper and iron to the back. you will have a sharp fold. then take the freezer paper out. third template lines up exactly where they are supposed to go and you pin them down good and then applique them on. the corners are just 2.5's that are marked on the diagonal so you have the ear on the edge you iron down. i can ask my lqs if you want where she got them from; maybe she still has some left. just send me a pm and i will ask her right away. the blocks here are 12.5. i am to cut more blocks that are 8.5x12.5 and put only one arc on them and line them up all around so you will end up with full circles and none cut off and that is the negative space that i will fill. thank you so much for the pictures! getting visuals really helps. i dont want this to be overwhelming but i do want it to stand out. i may put buttons in the center of some of the flowers. i told my lqs i would get the 'body' finished and then we would go from there. again, thank you and i will most definitely keep you posted. i am SO excited about this!