Thread: My Sewing Area
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 11:06 AM
karen526

Smile My Sewing Area

I had a sewing room in the basement, but Jim was always complaining he never saw me anymore. So, I moved my sewing machine upstairs to the spare bedroom. I bought some counter top remnants from Menards (like Home Depot) for about $20.00 each and created a 6 foot long cutting table and another 6 foot piece sets on top of an oak trestle dining table we no long use. This gives me a larger sewing table. I also keep a laptop here. I keep my fabric stash downstairs. I still have the old sewing area and a large cutting table with storage downstairs. My son built the cutting table for me out of something he used to have for his large speakers and guitar stuff. I just had him put shelves in it and top it with counter top. I purchased clear small totes at Walmart and keep only one color in each tote. These are stored on a shelf unit Jim built for the kids toys when they were little. This way it is easier to keep it organized. I bought several garden tool bags to store sewing tools in.
Attached Thumbnails fabric-storage.jpg   img_1617.jpg   img_0860.jpg   img_0858.jpg   basement-cutting-table.jpg