Thread: arthritis pain
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 01:33 PM
marla

If you have RA, keep working w/ your Dr. I have this and it is very active. I do relaxation therapy, cherry juice, heat and cold compress, use the Homedics products to massage the neck , feet, back plus the neck thing you put in the microwave. I cook my oatmeal w/ cinnamon and ginger. Anything and everything that you can do. When pain won't let up, I take a Tramadol. During the day I take a mobic then later ex strength Tylenol which helps. I will try the stretching to see if that works. If I sit over 5 mins, I have trouble walking. A brace (got from the Dr) helps my ankles and got one for my wrist.
I have reactions when given the IV drugs such as Rutixan and Actemera, can't take Humeria cuz had breast cancer but that one was so great while I took it. Dr. put me on prednisone for the reactions (high dosages) and I blew up like a balloon. I was frightened of getting diabetes or heart disease from it. Get lots of rest and don't get involved in anyones baggage as that causes stress that produce flareups. I can't take the other things like Orencia, due to a lung problems. When you are able to walk, do so as excercise does help. I hope you get better. They do have pain management clinics and you may want to discuss a referral w/ your Dr. Hugs.