Old 02-15-2013, 03:38 PM
mirabelle

QuiltE as to your enquiry, did I always sew a lot. Not much up until 1986. Before that I did a lot of knitting and crocheting. But when we moved to the Northern Territory in 1985 I found it was much too hot to knit, (haven't worn a jumper or cardigan since). I was very lonely and the only people I knew were my in-laws and my MIL didn't knit, crochet or sew...So when I saw an advertisement for a patchwork class I jumped at the chance to learn something new, meet some people..
I fell in love with it straight away, the first class I did was a Puff Quilt or it can be called a Biscuit quilt, no quilting just little stuffed pockets of fibrefill. That led me to the old favourite Log Cabin and I haven't stopped since. I met my best friend and we have been patchworking together ever since.

Back then my DH and I were running our own business and Sunday afternoon was MY time, so for a couple of hours I would just sit at my machine and sew like mad. It definitely saved my sanity living in such a remote part of the country. When we moved back to Queensland in 2004 DH said "why don't you retire", definitely didn't argue with that. But that led me to living in another small town knowing no one, children grown up, DH away at work for a week at a time, my friend living in the southern part of our State. So now I spend my days making Snuggle quilts for children in hospital and quilts for my family. The patchwork group I joined are about an hours drive for me as the only patchwork group in this town have been together for over 20 years and newcomers are not wanted, which is a shame.

I am sure I don't have to explain my BB blocks, you could all guess the reason behind them