Old 02-15-2013, 07:38 PM
pumpkinpatchquilter

Hahaha - no, nobody told me I couldn't use it lol** I know the quilt police though!!! I just never THOUGHT of it...I kind of feel silly for all the thread I've special ordered! I read one of Harriet Hartgrave's books when I first started quilting and I know she is a bit of a purist when it comes to cotton. So I just never used anything but cotton for...years! But nowadays I use all kinds of poly's for quilting and nobody ever seems to talk about using plain old Coats and Clark Dual Duty hahaha - but why not? I will still probably order some of the good bargains that can be found online, but sometimes I just don't have time to wait for a color to come in...or Dual duty will have a color I just LOVE.

Also - I was practicing feathers with some leftover ugly tomato red all purpose thread and found that it was wonderful because it hides the back tracking. It's not a weak thread, and most of it is cotton wrapped poly so it gives that nice cotton look like Superior's So Fine does...so what the heck!!! I'm gonna use it!! LOL*

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by pumpkinpatchquilter; 02-15-2013 at 07:41 PM.