View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 07:31 AM
K.P.

Originally Posted by Plumtree View Post
I just finished this yesterday. It is suppose to be surrounded by a light brown 2 inch border then an almost black 3 inch border followed by a 8 inch light brown outter border with oak leaves appliqued all around in last border. Here is the thing my applique skill stink--I don't want fusible because of its stiffness so I am rethinking the borders and not sure what I want. Hubby suggest french braid border but because this was a kit I don't have enough fabric, I do have some that is close in my stash but not exact.

I am so happy with how this part has turned out I don't want to ruin it with a boring border or an appliqued one that all I see are mistakes. This will be on our bed so I will see them often. :-)

So any suggestions? I scoured google last night and found a few but wanted to ask ya'll for opinions. Thanks for your help
I love the quilt so far, but with the wonderful rainbow colors and busy action, so the first border would be a narrow (no more than 2 inches) of a solid dark purple/blue like in the pattern to stop the action and give the eyes a place to rest. Then maybe a bit wider border, maybe the pink in the pattern, the consider a patterned border, like maybe flying geese or piano keys using colors from the quilt then bind with one of the darker colors...it is just beautiful so far, have fun finishing and enjoy using it!