Old 02-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

This is the chart I made so it's easier to pick the fabrics for the blocks I want to work on.... The spaces near the top are mostly because I used fabric scraps and had nothing left. There are some spaces near the bottom where I havent quite decided yet. [you will see there are no tris ...ohoh... yes I will do them but I was spending so much time making fabric decisions this is where I decided to start]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]395498[/ATTACH]

Here is my J8 [week of March 17] no remarkable changes to the thatquilt.com instruction. They used HST units with one set of background and print fabrics cut at 2 1/4" - which adds up correctly - the finished size of those units is 1 3/8" add 7/8" for the HST measurement and you get 2 1/4" . I didnt pper piece - I simply cut two background squares at 1 1/8" so they would finish 5/8" and cut a long strip 7/8" wide of the print and then used the log cabin method to carefully attach it all the way around the square. Border strips of background, melons and done!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]395500[/ATTACH]
My I-6 [week of January 27...and yes, therefore late - but who's checking???] is almost done - I just have to add 2 of the melons.
If I really do finish for our Fall show - of course, I'll pop back in... I have 123 blocks/tris done - 14 are tris - so 60 squares and 38 tris to go!
Attached Thumbnails dj-fabric-chart.jpg   dj-j8.jpg  

Last edited by Cre8tvlwyr; 02-16-2013 at 12:19 PM.