Old 02-16-2013, 12:43 PM
dabbler312

Nancia not sure where you're geographically located but by any chance do you have a cabinet maker close by (quick side gig for a worker) or a high school or college aged neighbor that has a few decent skills that could help you with your project? My baby girls boyfriend's papa is the handyman at their church and he's always willing to pitch in for a church member - maybe someone like that; we also have a great senior center with a 'guy's shop' wherein the guys are always looking for something to work on. Just simple suggestions for your non-operating sm cabinet; if I lived near by I'd zip over have a cup of coffee and help you myself - the mister and I have put together more Sauder styled projects than most - the key is to look at the packaging list and make certain all the items are there and lay them all out in A B C order as they are listed on the sheet - next is just following the directions. My sewing machine table is an old oversized office desk with two rows of drawers on the far right side - unfortuanately my sewing space is not that large so I am unable to utilize the drawers without moving a bunch of stuff so they can be opened. Best part of my sewing space is the windows - I'm able to look outside while I'm sewing - not much of a view right now with winter being here but still it's an outside view. One day I hope to have a Tracy Sewing Desk ....... bucket list.