View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Muv

Cindy - I keep looking at your bag and loving it. Why do I get bags grubby as soon as I leave the house? If ever I made a lovely bag like yours it would have to be for someone else.

Here's my latest bit of work, a doll quilt which has now reached its new owner in Canada. I have joined a blog-based doll quilt swap, and made this quilt with three machines - appliqué and stitched detail on it with the 1897 28K hand machine, outline quilting and binding with the 1927 99K hand machine, and free motion quilting with the 1945 15K treadle.

The design is based on traditional canal art and which I drew specially for this quilt because my swap partner's mother and I are from the same part of England - I've done a long post on my blog explaining it all, and you should enjoy the links I have put there to sites showing canal art. A dark green background would have been more traditional, but I gave my partner the choice and she went for blue. Other than knowing the quilt would have dark navy blue, she had no idea what to expect. I love sending people total surprises.
Attached Thumbnails canalroses-008.jpg