View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 09:58 AM
trupeach
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Now there are more then 1 kind of CW fabric . There is fabric that is listed as CW and it looks like CW but it only looks like it it is not repro. Then there is CW reproduction which is an actual copy of a fabric used during the 1800's. Remember people didn't go out and buy fabric during the war 1860-1866 there was a shortage so the fabric that was used was fabric from before those times. The fabric in a TRUE CW quilt made during the war was fabric that they had on hand. Bonnie Blue quilt shop has it listed as CW fabric but when I spoke to them it is not repro. Google civil war reproduction fabric and there are a lot listed. Fabric.com has CW but it is not just listed as CW some is listed by designer or 1800's, I am not sure if theirs is repro's you will have to check that out. BEST place is Abrahams Lady Gettysburg Pa they have an on line store. They are next expensive and they have CW repro's what better place to get CW fabric then right where the biggest battle of the war took place. I am a CW nut. So it depends one which way you want to go just the look or a real repro. If you want a real repro then you have to go all the way like every reenactor and living historian does, it is all done by hand. piecing and quilting and none of this coated cotton thread it is uncoated cotton or silk thread. I made a complete reproduction CW quilt and there is nothing like the look that it has. yes I am patting myself on the back.