View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Teeler

I have only just started quilting, and wasn't sure what I was going to do with the chicken quilt, but then after thinking on it a bit, I realized that the perfect person to give this to would be my best friend growing up, who I haven't seen in almost a decade, and I recently found out that she moved to Alaska I know, my own fault for not keeping in touch, but as life sometimes turns out, we simply took different roads. But I think of her often, and want her to know that I remember doing her chores with her (feeding her chickens) after school, and it's just perfect for her. I'm glad it occurred to me to gift it to her.
#2 is for my son (his design) and is almost done...DH hasn't picked out a pattern/color yet, so I'll start working the Origins Watercolor that I bought on impulse...not sure what'll happen to that, but probably gift it to somebody...I like making things, but don't always have a use for them myself, so will gift it however it seems appropriate.
Have a doggie themed one on the back burner if I can get the pattern out of Blankquilting.com...will gift that to my coworker, and don't care how she uses it...cuz she has a little menagerie at home all with personalities...I love hearing her stories, so if it ends up "going to the dogs" I'm totally ok with that. It's a gift.