View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 08:29 PM
qltgrose

Etsy is not just for hand made items. It started that way but has evolved to where you can sell supplies (ie fabric, buttons, etc) and vintage (pre 1994 items) and hand mades. I started with one shop where I was selling vintage glassware, linens and collectibles. Late last year I opened a 2nd focused more on quilting and sewing items. Its been slower there mainly because of my lack of activity. Most of my items are under $50, and I have done pretty well with the 1st store. The others are correct...GOOD photos are essential along with appropriate SEO tags. It does take work, especially for the photos, editing and so forth, but I hope to eventually develop my stores into at least a supplemental income source. If I were to make quilts to sell there, I think I would do a mock up and then offer to take custom orders, mainly because quilting is so subjective. A color/pattern/fabric you may love may not be in my favorite category and if you have a pile all made up in your favorites, then you have to narrow down to find others that also like your favorites.