Old 02-17-2013, 05:29 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
I received a surprise call today. A guy had 4 machines and 3 complete cabinets plus 2 partial cabinets and he wanted to know if I wanted to at least look at them. Of course I do!! All were Singer machines, 1 pretty rusty, and the other 3 are doable. 3 if not 4 of the cabinets are are Singer cabinets and one is a mystery. Bought it all plus a box of sewing machine paraphernalia for $100. 1 machine is a 99, 1 is a 15, 1 is a 66 and the other is a Sphinx. The last one is the rusty one and the seller said he thought maybe cats had gotten to it but it had the bullet for the shuttle in it. That one will be looking for a new home for postage only if anyone's interested.
The partial cabinets are the tops only with some ornate carvings plus mouse or rat leavings in at least one of them. I will attempt picture tomorrow.
I do have a bum hand due to a freak garage door accident that took part of my right pinkie fingertip (like down to the bone or almost there). Waiting to see orthopedic surgeon on Monday for his analysis and verdict.
He also had a Hinterberg floor hoop that he and his wife hadn't decided on for the price. I may be interested in that but not decided yet. He inherited all this stuff from his mom's estate I'm guessing. Tons of stuff.
Chris, wow it sounds like you are going to have some fun! The Sphinx is either a 27 or 127. I am sorry about the finger tip - I agree with Monroe about getting a finger tip splint! At least a splint would protect your finger from further injury.

Steve I had planned on stopping by Cathy's yesterday, but my FIL - who has lived alone completely independent is in the hospital. He got the flu, which took him out! He has nearly died, very weak. Now DH has it along with my SIL, SIL's husband, a granddaughter, I was afraid yesterday I was coming down with it too! So far I am tired from sitting at the hospital all day, but not sick!

Sorry, Cathy about last night too. I had intended to be at Girls Night Out. I certainly don't want to expose anyone if I am getting the flu!

Nancy