View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 05:59 AM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Annaquilts,

We are looking at a Bernina Record 530 right now, trying to figure out if we have enough money for it. I don't think so, my wife is drooling .....
And we have a question. The one we are looking at seems to have a knee bar rather than a foot controller. Is that right, or should it have a foot controller? I don't know anything about Berninas.

Joe
Hi Joe,

It should also have a foot control for speed. The knee bar on the Bernina serves a different purpose then the knee bar on some older singers and Elnas, which in that case replace the speed controll and can be used instead of the foot control. With the Bernina you will still need the foot control but the knee lifter is to help lift the pressure feet so your hands are free. This is a wonderful feature and is also found on some newer machines like Janome 6500. I have a Bernina 830 and really enjoy that feature.

I also got a doggie, 7 lb of attitude, last summer and it has helped me get out more often. I agree that they are very calming and help me get out in the sun.
Attached Thumbnails 153-custom-.jpg   img_7111.jpg   012.jpg  

Last edited by Annaquilts; 02-17-2013 at 06:11 AM.