View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 06:31 AM
BuzzinBumble

Originally Posted by NorthernSkyQuilts View Post
Hi, I joined Etsy a few years ago. First year I sold no quilts. I reworked my site, took better photos and also adjusted my prices. I adjusted my prices since I was just paying a 40 percent commission to a gallery. I have sold 92 quilts on Etsy. Highest priced $1,800.00 lowest priced $50.00. I found that once I got the first sell and first feedback from that customers the quilts started selling. I always ship quickly, and give my customers a quality product. For me Eysy has worked. Etsy is a first rate place to sell art.
Holy mackerel - 92 quilts! I had to see what you make Peggy and found your Etsy shop. Your quilts are outstanding and there are quite a few there that take my breath away they are so beautiful. I am so impressed. You must be a very busy quilter! Welcome to the QB by the way. I hope you decide to stick around here too - this is a great group of people and we would love to see your quilts! You can even add a link below your signature showing that you are an Etsy seller.

HSQuiltingMom, I'm no help on how to sell except that I know my approach of being casual and lazy about it does not work.

I think Etsy started changing when they added the ability to sell supplies. So far though you can still find plenty small sellers of handcrafted items. I like to gift shop there.

Last edited by BuzzinBumble; 02-17-2013 at 06:36 AM.