View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 06:38 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

I like to surprise people, especially with baby quilts, as it's hard not to come up with fabrics and colors that are suitable for babies. However, when my son and his wife were expecting their first baby, I came up with what I thought would be a good fabric choice, but Jen had something different in mind, so I let them buy the fabric, then I took it from there. With the large floral fabric she chose, I opted to cut 10" squares, with sashing and cornerstones, then used the striped fabric for the first border. I also made a set of 2 curtains for the nursery and Jen was very excited. When my daughter's best friend was graduating from veterinary school, and was planning to be a large animal vet., I picked some cow fabric that my sister had given me and it was just enough to make a lap quilt and since Janna is very petite, it was almost like giving her a twin-size quilt. She was very excited when she got the quilt as it was unexpected and a surprise, which she loved and that made me happy to have made her happy.