View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 06:50 AM
orangeroom

Some people ask me to make them. All depends on how close to them I am whether or not I'll do it. IF I make one in that instance, I'll make it clear that they pay for all materials. My time will not be compensated. That's MY gift to them as I cherish them as a friend. If it feels as though someone is taking advantage of that friendship, I'll have them make it with me. I don't do a stitch unless they're with me and assisting in some way. I make them take all the material home with them when we're finished for the night. I've got enough of my own stuff here. I don't need their's here too. They usually don't like this, as it's an inconvenience for them, but I don't care.

I do surprise people every once in a while, if they mean that much to me. They seem to like them and will occasionally tell me a story that involves the quilt in some way months and years after it was given. Which is nice.

I prefer to give quilts as gifts for newborn babies. I will not make them in baby designs though. I don't want it to become hidden as they age due to the fact that it looks baby-ish. I make them in mom and dad's fav colors or what the nursery colors will be, but with an adult design. Hopefully it will age with the child then. If anyone hasn't liked them, they haven't told me yet. So, I'll keep making them!