Old 02-17-2013, 06:54 AM
grant15clone

I restored a special machine for someone. It is a Singer Model 66 from 1950 that has not been in working order for several years now. Like many machines, it is special because it has a special story. This machine was purchased new by a woman that sounds as stubborn as I am and German too. She had a daughter and her daughter learned to sew on this very machine. In the 70's her daughter wanted a newer machine that did Zig Zag. She never bought that new Singer Touch and Sew and kept using the reliable old 66. Well, more time passed and sadly, the mother passed away too. The 66 was passed down to the daughter. The daughter had the machine for several years and wanted it restored. That is where I came in. She contacted me about restoring her mom's 66, and I finished it here this past week.
I finished the 1950 Singer Model 66 and yesterday was the "Reveal" day. I cannot express here how nice it was to bring back a machine to, as close as I could, to it's original condition of 63 years ago. I put a lot of extra effort into this machine in restoring it because it was a truly special machine to it's owner. That made it special to me as well. I have already admitted that I am kind of a sap so when I say I got a little choked up and a tear was in my eye when the owner saw it again, as it was new, so long ago, I was more than pleased. It was for me, a joy to be a part of bringing it back to how it should be. It once again sews as nice as it looks and will be appreciated for many more years to come.
~G~

[ATTACH=CONFIG]395748[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]395749[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails front-bfore-n-after.jpg   back-machine-before-n-after.jpg