View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 07:44 AM
dd55

Default My quilting/sunroom space

I have taken over our sunroom for my quilting space. I think I have finally got the room set up the way I want it, for now anyway. I am proud to show off pics of my new custom built quilt storage table that my dh and i built. We got the idea for the quilt storage table from IKEAhackers.com. Instead of buying the bookcases from IKEA, we decided to build it with melamine plywood so that we could custom size my storage area on the front, back and sides. Here is the link to what we were going to build using two bookcases from IKEA.
http://www.ikeahackers.net/2012/06/q...h-storage.html

The 1st picture below is a view of the quilt storage table from the front, including Zinfandel, one of our four cats. The two storage compartments on each end are 11" high and 16" wide, perfect to store the artbin containers I already had. I like the 12 smaller storage compartments. Already had the striped storage containers from the dollar tree. Perfect for storing fat quarters.
The 2nd pic is a view of the quilt storage table from one end. We extended the overhang to store my sewing machine and accuquilt go totes. Also can store stuff in the middle.
The 3rd pic is a view of the quilt storage table from the back side. I opted to make all of these compartments the same size.
The 4th pic is my sewing/embroidery machine area. The sewing machine table is a dumpster dive find several years ago, the chair is from IKEA, colored storage shelves from Michael's, and wire storage shelves from IKEA (a couple years ago).
The 5th pic is my vertical pegboard storage rack. Saw the hint on the quiltingboard.com. Now I can have my quilting notions out in the open without taking up much space. It is on casters so I can move it wherever.
The last pic is my HV mega quilter, which is giving me problems at the moment. It is skipping stitches. I am in the process of trying different things; rethreading machine, changing needle, rewinding the bobbin, checking upper tension and bobbin tension. Hopefully one of these will solve the problem

Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails stg-table-front-view.jpeg   stg-table-side-view.jpeg   stg-table-back-view.jpeg   sewing-machine-area.jpeg   pegboard-stg.jpeg  

hv-mega-quilter.jpg