View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Sandy1951

Originally Posted by Eddie
Hi Sandy,

I think it's GREAT that your husband wants to share the hobby with you! My wife and I share the sewing one and I really enjoy the times that we're both in the room working on projects. We can bump into each other sometimes ("Hey, you moved my stuff!" :) ) , but we do fine. It's also fun to be able to go places together with a shared interest in mind, like a few months ago we went on an overnight trip to Mountain View, AR to visit the local quilting stores there and enjoy the town. It was a lot of fun.

And I don't think I have used anything from the garage on my quilts, YET! :shock: But I guess there's always a first time. :D
Hi Eddie,

I hope the house we're moving to has a large enough second floor (it's basically all one room) for both of us to set up sewing areas. Paul really seems to be enthused.

We're overdue for a vacation; I'd love if we could go to Paducah, KY, not during the convention, but just to visit the quilt museum and quilting stores and enjoy the town. I think the annual convention would be a bit too much for Paul. We're in Ohio, so it's not too far away. I just checked and it's about 500 miles, so about a day's drive to get there with stops. Sounds doable and it would be a nice trip. Of course, we'd have to take lots of extra $$$ to buy fabric at Hancocks. :wink: