View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Sandy1951

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Oh boy looks like I have done it now!!!! :lol: I am glad that he can get some ideas from my shop and if he needs help in figuring out the logistics or anything just let me know.

I went out and picked up a few more machines the newest being a 1890 New Home head and cabinet. Of course I will have to go through the whole machine, because its decals are all worn off there is no collector value anymore. But I will be able to repaint and re decal it myself and use it for my shop.

From what I am hearing he is starting to get the bug so get ready for a wave of machines to start following him home. And the next thing is he will want to use them so quilting is next. :mrgreen:

Billy
Billy,

I couldn't think of your name when I posted about you. Duh, I'll remember it now; my brother's name is Bill.

Yes, he is definitely getting the bug. He hasn't been hauling Amish for a bit; I hope he gets back to doing that because he'll be more apt to run across good deals on treadles or other vintage machines.

I haven't had the chance to show him your recent posts about cleaning the old treadle someone bought (can't remember who without looking). I did tell him you said not to use WD-40; you should have seen the guilty look on his face! Hmmm...maybe I'd better show him that post soon. :lol:

He really liked the way you built in the treadle so as to have a nice area to lay out a quilt. He was very impressed with your studio. Now if he can figure out how to get ALL the grease out of his hands when he goes from the garage to the sewing room without leaving little black spots on everything... :(

Sandy