Old 02-17-2013, 11:20 AM
nurseknitsLaura

I picked up an uuuuggggly 27 yesterday.It's a fiddle base with the Victorian decals-what's left of them. It was a if i can't get $20 for it it is going to the recycler kind of thing. of course i had to save it. I tried Skip's clear coat restoration but it only helped a little. then I put a layer of paste wax on it and it looked worse. so back to square one, I guess. The treadle stand is perfectly smooth, even without oil, though I oiled it anyway. The cabinet should have a coffin top but it is long gone. These machines that don't tuck into the table are much harder to fit into the house! I will have to find this one a new home, because I do not have room for it. The worst part is someone added some ugly plywood drawers to it. Functional but.....plywood. Oh well, I saved it from the recycler, i guess. I'll work on it for a while. I need the gear with the heart shaped cam that goes on the bobbin winder- anyone have a long bobbin winder as a part? Or just the gear? Cathy? Anything in that Aladdin's Cave of a garage of yours? Laura
here's before and after:[ATTACH=CONFIG]395814[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]395815[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails before27.jpg   a7loznwmkfvfidoe768mexqe5j4qe3re4l3kkzv6oaa.jpg