Old 02-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Peckish

Originally Posted by QuiltingByCourtney View Post
Thanks ladies, I will try that King Tut brand thread. Where can you buy it and is it in large quantities? I am also starting my at home quilting business so yes thread breaking slows me up soo much I just don't have time for it. I have a size 90/14 needle, the kind my dealer recommended. Yes my spool is cross rolled so yep it is feeding from my top hook thing haha. Thread path is clear. I loosened my quilt on my frame, maybe its too tight would that cause thread to break? I'm going to try it more loose but I hate the chance of puckers but at the point I will try anything. Thanks so much ofr the advise I am going to try all of it!
First of all, absolutely switch to a larger needle. Your issue will most likely be solved by going up to an 18. Second of all, there are some people here who like serger thread, but I tried it in my Janome 1600 and it shredded. It's okay for piecing, but I found it way too aggravating to use for quilting.

Superior Threads manufactures and sells King Tut thread. It comes on 500 yard spools and 2000 yard cones. You can purchase directly from Superior - https://www.superiorthreads.com/shop...Brand=King+Tut - Or, you might be able to find it at your LQS.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!