View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Cowbelle

Yes, I've oiled all those points plus some, greased the appropriate gears, except for under the cam stack. Can't get the retaining screw to move yet. Will get the solvent tomorrow and see if that helps. I can get the left selector to go to H, and the right one to move throughout the choices, - if the red width selector is to the right. If it is in the center, the right selector won't move at all. And the red width selector won't move to the left at all. Will keep oiling!!

Thanks for both of you for the support. I really appreciate the help.

Re the treadle, I have to admit that the handles on the drawers are not original - many years ago before I knew better, there was one broken and I replaced them all from a restoration hardware store. These were the only ones that fit the drawers so they got chosen. Other than that, it's a very old family heirloom. I remember my stepmother making shirts for my dad out of heavy canvas sacking, when we lived on our ranch without electricity, phone, and 20 miles to the nearest paved road, two room school, PO, The oil lamp in the photo is also from that home. We did our homework by kerosene light - great memories.