Thread: I got a viking!
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 04:01 PM
ailene

Default I got a viking!

It isn't new but I am so excited I had to tell someone. A friend of mine came by today and my sister and I were working on a crazy quilt for my son. She said she had a sewing machine at home she wished someone would look at because she didn't like it. She doesn't know anything about sewing and wished for a simpler machine she could use without fuss. To make a long story short, her hubby and my hubby dug it out of the building where it had sat for most of ten years. When it arrived we gasp when we saw what kind it was- a viking 400-electronic! She didn't even know what she had. She said is that good?
I told her I would let her use my small brother I gave ten bucks for if she wanted something simple to learn on and she offered me the viking-yes - the viking for the brother and me make her a crazy quilt like the one I was working on. I ask her if this quilt would be fine and she jumped up and down. I love that quilt she said! I will take it! All I have to do is hand tye the quilt to finish it.
I am still in awe-walking around like what in the world happened. I never in a million years thought I would own a viking even if it is old. It is a beauty!!!! I am so happy I am doing the happy dance!!!