Thread: I got a viking!
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 06:45 PM
onaemtnest

Originally Posted by ailene
Lori S. Since you have one about like it a question if I may. It sews beautifully but I noticed a small pecking racket in it as I was sewing and checking it out. Is that normal or do you think it might need a good cleaning or something. I read in the book no need for lubrication and checked for lint and found hardly any. Hope I have the bobbin in right. Just wondering. Thanks ahead of time for the answer.

I'm not Lori S so I apologize for jumping in but when my Viking makes the sound I think you are describing I change the needle, it's amazing to me even if it's a new needle out of the package sometimes that is all it takes. Vikings are lubricated for life at the factory so lubing is not required and with my machine it flat out says not to. However, I often wonder what life means to a manufacturer.

Since it was in storage for so long I would take it in to have a good check by someone familiar with Viking machines, especially if you live in a humid climate or the storage was not in a climate controlled area.

Congrats on a such a wonderful trade, I never seem to be in the right place at the right time for these types of blessings!

Last edited by onaemtnest; 02-17-2013 at 06:48 PM.