Thread: Seams2be
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:09 PM
SeekerCranny

Thanks so much for the advice Prism. I definitely want to do free motion (I really love the stippling and since I'm mostly making stuff for my niece I think it will be appropriately playful). I've been practicing without the foot and it looks great except it leaves little loops all over the back because I can't hold the fabric down well enough with just my hands (don't want to get stabbed). So I tried it with the zipper foot and the stitches look 100% nicer but I can't move the fabric freely to get a nice design down. So since I'm just giving them to my Sister in Law who won't mind if they're not super perfect (A lot of people are just really impressed if you can do crafty things at all haha), I think I can manage the free motion even if it is a little wonky.

You've been amazingly helpful to me. I'm so new I just don't wanna run out and buy things only to discover they're useless or poor quality. I'm definitely gonna grab the one you linked to, that's a great price. And I'll have to get a walking foot eventually too. I couldn't sew a long straight line to save my life right now. I'm lucky my changing pad looks so nice. haha.