Old 02-18-2013, 05:09 AM
CindyA

Tip for tris: when I was working on the four tris I went to thatquiltblogspot and noticed a comment she made on one of her tris. Work from the bottom up, adjusting at each level so that the tri remains straight and doesn't go wonky. You all have probably already mentioned that - forgive my bad memory! Anyway, since I feel like my tris always DO go wonky I followed her advice and it made a big difference.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]396025[/ATTACH]
Even the first two bottom pieces I joined weren't quite straight. So I used the ruler and penciled in a line so that it was perfectly straight (at least as straight as I can make it). You can see, right by the point of the pencil, the new line. It's only a hair different than the original pattern line. We're talking about 1/16-1/8 of an inch! But this is the line I used to measure as I trimmed as I joined each additional section, working from the bottom of the block up towards the tip.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]396026[/ATTACH]
Here, I'm carefully measuring from my new line as I trim the 1/4" after joining the next section.

I did feel like the block was lined up much nicer after taking the time to do this.

Last edited by CindyA; 02-18-2013 at 05:12 AM.