Thread: Design Walls
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 05:12 AM
sew_Tracy

Location: Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
Default Design Walls

DH and I occasionally clear out abandoned office buildings. It's amazing what people leave behind. I would have to say that both of us may appear in danger of ending up on "Hoarders."

But I digress. These folks left behind about 23 office cubicle panels. I saw them and immediately thought they would make great design walls...pins stick in super easy. My mind went nuts and somehow I thought we might be able to actually put a cubicle in the middle of the living room where I have my sewing space. When DH bucked on that one, I started to pout. He pointed out the ludicrous idea of it and I had to crack up and agree that perhaps I maybe had a "fever"...more cowbell!

Well, the panels are super light and he came up with this idea. Now my problem is 3 UFO in my face and room for more!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]396028[/ATTACH]

Here are all 3 "walls" from a distance.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]396029[/ATTACH]
This is my "immediate" work area where I can use the space to organize blocks and small building blocks. Watched Ricky Tims video yesterday on the one-seam flying geese and HAD to play with it. This will probably be a wall hanging when it grows up.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]396031[/ATTACH]
This is my intermediate wall that I am using for a quilt-along project. One mistake I made with this wall is I blocked out light from the window...ah well, worth it having immediate wall.
It is 3 of those panels attached to a useless partition to the front door.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]396033[/ATTACH]
Finally, this is my "get in line" wall for projects I temporarily abandoned.

So my triage is wonky, you ought to me me!!!
Attached Thumbnails img_2065.jpg   img_2061.jpg   img_2059.jpg   img_2064.jpg