View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 05:18 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Edie View Post
I have a new HP printer. I thought the older was expensive to keep inked up, so I went to Walgreen's (against our son's (the TI) statement about not changing ink that the printer came with. I did. First off, Walgreen's refills are smaller, black isn't too bad, color is awful. So when I got my new printer it has thenew individual colors - red, yellow and blue and then a larger black. Well, heck, it is just as expensive, but it works. And as #1 son says, Cartridges are made for the brand of printer you have. If you use a different ink that is put into the cartridge, it will not work as well and down the road a piece, it will probably ruin your printer. Guess what????? It did! So being that my computer and printer are both HP's, I am sticking with the HP ink. I learned the hard way, I don't trust what does not belong in the printer as far as ink is concerned.

Sorry, but forewarned is forearmed - Edie
I used to agree with you. I too work in the IT (not TI) field and we have litterly thousands of printers here at the hospitals; some toners are replaced by the companies that we have service contracts with and then the deskjets are refilled at Rapid Refill. We've been using them for yrs without any problems. I've also been using them for about 5 yrs on my HP and save lots of money. I've never had any issues and Rapid Refil stands behind thier product and would take care of my printer should a problem arise. I do know that places like Walgreens, etc don't always have qualified, skilled people refilling the cartriges so that may be where at least part of the problem lies. I buy the large toners for my HP all in one which are normally over 45, even on the Navy base and I pay 19 at Rapid Refill.