Old 02-18-2013, 05:42 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
Well DH and I unloaded some of the machines and cabinets today. One cabinet I'm giving as an end table to someone who's rebuilding their life from scratch. No machine in it and it a pressed wood one. DH fixed the cabinet with the bum leg while I looked at the 3rd cabinet. It's for a 99 and one of the machines is a 99 BUT the 99 has a non-Singer motor with 2 male plugs coming from it. I puzzled for a bit, helped DH with leg and then thought to look through the box of paraphernalia. I have a plug in there with a foot pedal and a socket with 2 plugs (for lack of a better description). Both of the male plugs are loose in the sockets so DH not too keen on me playing with this one. I still need to unload the 2 partial tops from the van but DH has promised to help me tomorrow with that. One of them is painted (YUCK!!) which I hope to strip off. I will post pictures tomorrow I hope of the partial cabinets. I believe one is a Singer but don't know about the other one.
chris,

The two male plugs are very simple. It's the non Singer way. One for the motor, one for the light. They plug into a specialized cord block that looks like this one from Sew-Classic:
{ http://www.shop.sew-classic.com/Cord...143-SCE143.htm }
Absolutely nothing to be confused about. It's a simple way to wire the machines. Slightly bend the male prongs to fit tighter in the cord block with the foot controller on it. Nothing complicated there.
These cord blocks usually are mounted in a small compartment on the ends of the sewing machine case as in this case:
{ }

Joe