View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Helen S

Love it! I think your label placement is a great idea for little ones.

I bought a new Janome 6600 several months ago. If I had anything negative to say about it I'd have to say I really dislike having to change out the foot shank for many other feet, and am totally disappointed in the walking feet widths. I also dislike how there are "things" in the way of changing out the shank making it difficult to get hands in there to do so. I previously had a Pfaff and the walking foot was able to be used with nearly all the feet, no changing of the shank to use it, and it was normal foot width. (I also think the Pfaff walking foot worked better!)

I keep small sandwiched pieces handy to practice FMQ before beginning a project. I mark whatever template I'll be using, then follow it, making tension adjustments along the way if needed. I keep trying to maintain an even movement of the quilt, and am getting better at it, but still see lots of different stitch sizes as I go along, but guess that will come with time.

I've also just realized that the 6600 does not like cheap thread, such as serger thread. It seems to create a LOT of lint and dust, so I've gone back to the Gutermann threads and it is much happier. Given the cost difference, that makes one of us that is happier, but I'll manage. lol

Anyway, enjoy your new machine - on the positive side, it's a workhorse!