View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Weezy Rider

I did the modified foot from Leah Day, got the popping noise, figured that one out and adjusted the elastic on the foot.

No one has answered about the feed dogs. Are they slightly closer to the top than normal?

I've tangled with and can usually run any machine. I can also hear a difference in sounds when the machine decides to pull a fast one. I bought the machine from All Brands as the local dealer was not interested. It would be a pain to return it if it is an idiosyncrasy of the machine and can be lived with or got around. It does everything else well. I do a lot of SITD. Does a great job. It pieces well. Just used the walking foot - that works. It went over junctions on a raggy quilt that would choke my Pfaff unless I dug out the hump jumper.

On reflection - maybe it was the raggy. I was using flannel, cotton and muslin backing. Maybe that isn't de rigeur for FMQ. I changed threads and I got all the rest of the stencils FMQ. I had fabric I didn't want to cut up and made a single block and FMQ block designs on them.

I haven't had eyelashes or the usual rats nests. I will get one loop only, not where I stop, and it feels like something is jerking. Then it will sew OK again. It could have been the crappy flannel I got from Joanne as the practice stuff is doing OK. I've tried a new needle, but will try a topstitching needle. I did wash the flannel. The last time I did this, I was using the embroidery machine.

I am looking for another FMQ foot, but I want one with a metal bar that attaches to the shaft, not that nylon piece.

Thanks for the replies.

I like machinery. I like to know how machinery works and why it works. Well running machinery is a joy.

Last edited by Weezy Rider; 02-18-2013 at 04:13 PM.