Old 02-18-2013, 05:48 PM
cathyvv

Yes, indeed. Never liked yellow, because it's difficult for me to see in some situations, but love to use it in a quilt. It does make other fabrics pop.

Red is my favorite color, always has been, but apparently - according to my 29 year old daughter - my real favorite is green. Except it's not. I think it goes back to when she was little - we bought a house with orange carpeting throughout the upstairs and DH didn't want to spend $$$ to replace it and we really didn't have the $$$ to spend on it, either. I was lucky enough to find a set of drapes that had a green background and a delightful pattern that included orange and actually matched the rug. I did love the drapes, but not because green was my favorite color.

I have also started using a lot of blues, which has never been a first choice for me.

Amazingly, one of my favorite color combos is red white and blue but I have only made one quilt top using all three colors. It was king size and I think it R-W-B'd me out. Actually, two, but the second doesn't count. It was one of my Mom's UFOs: I added 3 borders to to make it a usable size - and don't like it at all, can't stand to look at it. But one of her adult grands will love to get it in the future. After I convince myself to quilt it so I can get it out of the house.