View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 05:11 PM
mjsylvstr

Hi again.....this time I am asking for some thoughts about what we can give our hubbies to do during the long winter months.

My husband, as you might have seen on some of the threads, has been busy making me things for my sewing room..cutting table, thread cabinet, extension table, etc.....

Right about this time, he is at a loss for things to keep him busy. When we were in Florida in the spring, I decided that I would like to have outdoor quilt blocks for my garden shade for back home in Jersey.....
Well, I drew up a few blocks that I thought would be nice. He got the wood, cut it to size (approx...20"x20") primed the surface and then drew the pattern I gave him on the fronts of each piece of wood.

Like usual, it was set aside after I taped it with painters' tape to ready it
for the color (as we might call it piecing when using fabric).
Well, that's as far as I got with it.....so now that the weather is getting a bit chillier, I suggested that he might do the paint-quilting on our outdoor blocks....he seemed interested...so

I was wondering if any of you ladies and gents have spouses who might like to get their fingers into a bit of quilting....regardless of methods.

MaryJane in NJ