Old 02-19-2013, 04:41 AM
DustysMomma

Nancia, that's great news on both fronts! Congratulations! I'm not worried about my runner from you. There's still almost a month til the deadline. I got the front of my home decor project about 1/3 done over the weekend (I can't wait until I can post pictures of it!), so I'll probably work on yours a little during the week. Busy weekend next weekend, so if I get any sewing time in, it'll be Sunday evening.

Elisabrat, I think until a man is sufficiently confident in his abilities on an instrument, they all do this. When my son was in band, starting in 6th grade, he played snare drum for the first 2 years. They had this one cadence they played to march on and off the field at football games, and it happened to be the one that the director told them to use to improve their playing speed and accuracy. He played that cadence everywhere and on everything, like he had to do it to be able to breathe. Thank the good Lord for practice pads muffling the volume of it or I'd have killed him by the time he transferred schools and wasn't on drums anymore. He decided he wanted to stay on cymbals through high school (said he wasn't as good as the others because he missed band in 9th grade due to changing schools twice that year), and you can't really do much at home to practice that, lol. He also plays electric guitar though, and he luckily has gotten past that one or two songs. He's scared to play in front of people, but he's a decent player of many songs!