Old 02-19-2013, 07:49 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by ThreadHead View Post
I had that happen to me once. It was caused by a burr on my foot. I took my foot off and used my fingernail file, filed around where the burr was ( caused by a needle hitting the foot a couple of times ), smoothed out the sharp edges. I checked out all the other feet and they were ok, I also filed around the plate where the needle enters, this cleared up the breakage of the thread.
Take a q-tip and swab slowly around the area that might have a burr and watch for any pulling of the cotton on the swab, feet, plate, bobbin area, etc.
go to your local hardware store and ask for a sheet of crocus cloth...it is like sand paper but on a very flexible backing, almost fabric......you can rip a very skinny strip of it and use that to clean burrs off the foot, bobbin, thread leaders or wherever....just a few up/down movements will make all smooth again. Maybe your needle has a burr....try another one...or it is not in fully or twisted just a hair....could make a world of difference!!!! It is not that your machine does not like all threads, you must find out what it is trying to tell you so that it will sew with all threads you give it!!!!!! Let us know.....