Old 02-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Quilter 65

Default "Nana, are you going to stick with it this time?"

After Christmas, I was very tired and really wanted to go a lie down and read myself to sleep. Problem was it was way to early and having trouble sleeping a whole night through, I decided to pick up some handwork that would force me to stay awake for a while. I didn't want to start a new project with cutting, etc., at that hour, so remembered a cross stitch quilt top that I had purchased probably 35 years ago or so. Did some pn it and then put it away. Life does get in the way. I actually remembered where I had put it and found it, picked it up, and started in. My little granddaughter was over in a couple of days or so and wanted to know what I was working on. I explained it to her that I had started over 35 years ago and decided that I should finish it up. She innocently asked, "Nana, are you going to stick with it this time?" To which I replied, I had better because I won't have another 35 years to get it done! Kids sure have a way of getting to the heart of the matter. So now about every evening I pick it up for an hour or so. It may take another 35 years at this rate!!