Old 02-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

Just finished I-11. I appliqued the diamonds to the individual squares last night and added the center square sections [a 2 1/2" square of background cut diagonally twice] this morning. Before adding the background triangles to the center, I squared the four blocks by placing the diagonal of my ruler over the center corners of the diamond and lining the inner corner up with the 1" mark. I then cut the diamond blocks 2 3/4" [so that the unfinished DJ bock would measure 5" when I put them together]. Next, I cut off the inner corners so that it would be easier to line up with the background triangles. I lined up the diagonal line on my ruler with the bottom edge of the block and the other edge with the dot by the "1" - 3/4"mark on the top edge. I took a picture so you can see... but BEWARE ... do as I say, not as I did.... you will see I cut the one on the right the wrong direction, so cut parallel to the diamond... ahem... and I was so proud of the way I had sewn on the diamonds! Sometimes God reminds you gently you are not perfect - and sometimes you are hit with a 2x4!
I was able to match the corner of the fabric rather than have to sew a whole new diamond section... thanks to that little white line in the pattern.
keep up the sewing gals! maybe we can catch up with Dotty
[ATTACH=CONFIG]396323[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]396324[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dj-i11a.jpg   dj-i11b.jpg